The Coal Harbour Co-op recently became a member of CHF BC.
Their mandate is to
- expand non-profit co-op housing
- promote better housing conditions in BC
- share skills and information within the co-op housing sector
- represent co-op housing to governments and the public
- promote the co-op movement and co-op principles in BC
They also sponsor a yearly scholarship for co-op members. The scholarship is good for up to $5000, and in order to apply, you must:
- Live in a CHF BC member housing co-op
- Plan to attend, or already attend, a Canadian, publicly-funded, accredited college, university or government-approved apprenticeship program on a full-time basis in the 2014-2015 academic year
- Be making a positive contribution to their school, co-op, or community
- Demonstrate financial need
Applications close March 1.
Click here for more information, and to download an application form.