There are several new towers slated to go up in our neighbourhood.
- 1550 Alberni (at Cardero): 43 storeys
- Nicola and Georgia: 43 storeys
- 1575-1577 West Georgia Street: 26 storeys
There are big conerns around how these towers will affect the amount of natural sunlight our building gets, and more specifically, if our rooftop gardens will get the light they need. This is a concern mainly for the B Building and also for PAL.
Laurie MacKenzie, who is a resident of the PAL, will be addressing these concerns tonight at City Council. It’s her recommendation that they keep the building to 13 storeys for these reasons.
If you want to go and voice your own concerns, or support Laurie, here are some options:
- You can watch the proceedings “virtually” via the video link on the City website: http://civic.neulion.com/cityofvancouver/ or on Twitter at @VanCityClerk.
- Send an email or phone Spencer Chandra Hebert and voice your concerns.
- Sign this Save Our Sunlight petition and email it back to lauriemack [at] gmail.com.
For further info, read this article on Vancity Buzz.