Many of the Lower Mainland Farmer’s Markets opened last weekend, although our own West End Farmer’s Market won’t start until the end of the month.
Here’s a list of all the Farmer’s Markets and what days they run:
- Yaletown [Thurs] May 5 – Oct 27 2-6pm
- East Van [Sat] May 7 – Oct 22 9-2pm
- Kitsilano [Sun] May 8 – Oct 23 10am-2pm
- West End [Sat] May 28 – Oct 22 9-2pm
- Main St Station [Wed] Jun 1 – Oct 5 2-6pm
- Mt Pleasant [Sun] Jun 12 – Oct 9 10-2pm
We all know that cooking seasonally is good for us. We get to eat the freshest ingredients at their peak of nutrition! It’s also good for the environment, as it creates less waste, and it supports our local economy and farmers.
Check out your local Farmer’s Market this month, and look for some of these delicious ingredients that are in season during the month of May: