This weekend, Canada celebrates its Sesquicentennial, or its 150th birthday.
Here’s a list of some of the events happening nearby.
July 1: Canada Day at Canada Place features an entire day of fun, activities and food.
- Daytime event featuring five performance stages featuring Sam Roberts, FEFE, Emerson Drive, Hey Ocean!, Dragonette, Madeline Merlo, The Matinee, and many more
- Citizenship ceremony welcoming 150 new Canadians
- Coast Capital Savings Youth Zone
- Canadian Forces Zone with incredible displays and interactive exhibits
- Canada150 Zone
- Kids Zone in Harbour Green Park (July 1 only)
- Multi-community fireworks show with simulcast by Rock 101 (July 1)
July 2: Canada Day Parade