On October 20, Vancouverites will head to the polls to elect a new city council and a new mayor.
The #1 issue on everyone’s mind with this year’s election? Housing. Obviously, this is an issue that affects us very deeply here at the co-op. Even though we live in “affordable housing,” the definition of “affordable” in this town is very different than from many other cities around the world.
Vancouver is thought to be one of the most expensive cities in the world to live in, and the reasons for that are complex.
It’s incredibly important that we all get out and vote and have our say.
Advance voting: October 10 to 17, 2018
Election day: October 20, 2018
Vancouver voters will elect:
- 1 mayor and 10 councillors for Vancouver City Council
- 7 commissioners for the Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation
- 9 school trustees for the Vancouver School Board
Here are some resources to help you make an informed decision.
- City of Vancouver–official website with all info on where to vote, candidates, etc
- Who’s Running for Mayor (please note Ian Campbell just dropped out)
- Vancouver election: Here’s who’s running for city council in 2018–from the Vancouver Sun