As you are well aware, as of March 12, 2020, COVID-19 was deemed a world-wide pandemic by The World Health Organization.
This affects us, and all other Canadians, very deeply.
For now, we all must play our part. That means:
- Social isolation: maintaining a distance of 6 feet between people with whom you are not living with, staying in your unit, only going out for exercise or supplies on a weekly basis.
- Practicing good hygiene: washing your hands, wearing masks and gloves if needed while shopping, etc. Cleaning hard surfaces with a mixture that includes alcohol.
- Taking care of our neighbours: we live in a cooperative, check in on your neighbours and make sure they are okay and if you are going out, if you can pick up for them items they need.
Many are experiencing loss of work and loss of income due to this pandemic.
Please see below for links to help:
- BC HOUSING – Temporary Eviction Moratorium and Rent Adjustment Notification
- Co-operative Housing Federation of BC – Helping Members in Financial Distress during COVID-19
- BC Government News – COVID-19 Action Plan update March 26
- BC Government – Tips for residents of apartments
- Government of Canada – Support for Individuals
Finally, please join our private CHHC Facebook group, where you can, for example, ask for help with groceries or supplies.