As you are well aware, as of March 12, 2020, COVID-19 was deemed a world-wide pandemic by The World Health Organization.
This affects us, and all other Canadians, very deeply.
For now, we all must play our part. That means:
- Social isolation: maintaining a distance of 6 feet between people with whom you are not living with, staying in your unit, only going out for exercise or supplies on a weekly basis.
- Practicing good hygiene: washing your hands, wearing masks and gloves if needed while shopping, etc. Cleaning hard surfaces with a mixture that includes alcohol.
- Taking care of our neighbours: we live in a cooperative, check in on your neighbours and make sure they are okay and if you are going out, if you can pick up for them items they need.
Many are experiencing loss of work and loss of income due to this pandemic.
Please see below for links to help:
- BC HOUSING – Temporary Eviction Moratorium and Rent Adjustment Notification
- Co-operative Housing Federation of BC – Helping Members in Financial Distress during COVID-19
- BC Government News – COVID-19 Action Plan update March 26
- BC Government – Tips for residents of apartments
- Government of Canada – Support for Individuals
Finally, please join our private CHHC Facebook group, where you can, for example, ask for help with groceries or supplies.
Everyone is invited to a Family Movie Night on Friday, February 21.
We’ll supply a movie and snacks. You supply your own pillows and blankets!
Movie Night takes place in the Amenity room in the B Building, on Friday, February 21. We’ll start the movie at 7 pm, and everyone is welcome.
Welcome to the month of love!
Here’s hoping we see more of the stuff we love (ie sunshine) and less of the stuff we don’t love (ie the white stuff).
We also celebrate Family Day this month, along with the rest of the country. Get out and do something fun.
Here’s what’s happening in the ‘hood this month:
FYI there will be no fireworks this year at Canada Place. The venue is being moved to False Creek, but not until NYE 2021.
Join your friends and neighours for the annual Co-op Christmas Party!
- Sunday, December 8
- 4-6 for the kids & families
- 6-8 for the adults only
- Amenity Room, Building B
See you there!
It’s hard to believe Christmas is just one month away! (sorry, didn’t mean to cause you panic, there).
As the holiday season ramps up, there are always lots of fun events and activities to do around town.
Some of our local favourites include:
- The Vancouver Christmas Market at Jack Poole Plaza (opening Nov 20)
- Christmas at Canada Place (opens Dec 6)
- The West End Holiday Craft Fare (Nov 23 & 24)
Hungry for more Holiday fun?
Click here for a list of free Christmas Events around the Lower Mainland