Monday is Canada Day, and, as ever, we have the best seat in the house for the fireworks!
The easiest and closest Canada Day celebration is of course, taking place at Canada Place. There will be food trucks, entertainment, and concerts, including Delhi 2 Dublin, and culminating in Fireworks at 10:30 pm.
If you want to venture further afield, check out these other Canada Day celebrations:
20 Canada Day Celebrations happening around the Lower Mainland
This weekend, Canada celebrates its Sesquicentennial, or its 150th birthday.
Here’s a list of some of the events happening nearby.
July 1: Canada Day at Canada Place features an entire day of fun, activities and food.
- Daytime event featuring five performance stages featuring Sam Roberts, FEFE, Emerson Drive, Hey Ocean!, Dragonette, Madeline Merlo, The Matinee, and many more
- Citizenship ceremony welcoming 150 new Canadians
- Coast Capital Savings Youth Zone
- Canadian Forces Zone with incredible displays and interactive exhibits
- Canada150 Zone
- Kids Zone in Harbour Green Park (July 1 only)
- Multi-community fireworks show with simulcast by Rock 101 (July 1)
July 2: Canada Day Parade
There will also be many other events happening around the Lower Mainland. Click here and here to see lists of events in other communities.
Once again this year, our neighbours the PAL will be hosting a Canada Day Pancake breakfast!
This breakfast is free to all Coal Harbour Residents, and takes place at the PAL building, 581 Cardero St.
The breakfast starts at 9:30 am on Canada Day, July 1, and goes to 1:30 pm. There will be (delicious) homemade pancakes, bacon, fruit, drinks, and live entertainment for adults and kids.
After an absence over the last couple of years, the PAL will be back with their annual Pancake Breakfast on Friday July 1 to celebrate Canada Day.
Where: the theatre at the PAL
Starts: 9:30am to 1:30 pm
Enjoy pancakes, live music and kid’s activities!