After what was one of the rainiest Novembers on record, it looks like we’ll be given a bit of a break to enjoy some decent weather.
Here are some fun things to do around the city:
Or maybe go check out some Christmas Lights? or wander around the Vancouver Christmas Market? Christmas at Canada Place is right next door.
And don’t forget to join us December 16 for the Co-op Christmas Social!
Obessed with Instagram and our beautiful neighbourhood? Put your skills to work and earn some mad cash!
Some local realtors are sponsoring a photo contest, with a grand prize (decided by popular vote) of $1,000. Cash prizes will also be awarded for second and third place, and 10 honourable mentions will be awarded by the judges, for a total of $2,000 in prizes.
The contest is now open from November 9 to December 10. Enter here.
This weekend, Canada celebrates its Sesquicentennial, or its 150th birthday.
Here’s a list of some of the events happening nearby.
July 1: Canada Day at Canada Place features an entire day of fun, activities and food.
- Daytime event featuring five performance stages featuring Sam Roberts, FEFE, Emerson Drive, Hey Ocean!, Dragonette, Madeline Merlo, The Matinee, and many more
- Citizenship ceremony welcoming 150 new Canadians
- Coast Capital Savings Youth Zone
- Canadian Forces Zone with incredible displays and interactive exhibits
- Canada150 Zone
- Kids Zone in Harbour Green Park (July 1 only)
- Multi-community fireworks show with simulcast by Rock 101 (July 1)
July 2: Canada Day Parade
There will also be many other events happening around the Lower Mainland. Click here and here to see lists of events in other communities.
Coal Harbour Liquor Store is pleased host its third annual Spring Patio Tasting on the waterfront patio at Dockside Restaurant. The event will take place from 5-8PM on June 1st and will include over 20 suppliers pouring an irresistible selection of international and BC wines, alongside carefully-selected BC craft beers, ciders, and spirits.
The Spring Patio Tasting is a unique opportunity to sample a wide range of delicious wines, beers, and more while enjoying Vancouver’s outdoor beauty on the shores of False Creek. The event will also offer the opportunity to interact with makers and experts on hand to pour their creations.
Event tickets are $49.95 and include:
- All drink samples
- Tapas from Dockside’s kitchen
- $10 voucher toward any purchase at Coal Harbour Liquor Store
- Free shuttle to Dockside from the CHLS
- 10% off dinner at Dockside on event night.
Offering one of the city’s best selections of BC wines and spirits, along with a Georgia Straight Golden Plate Award winning range of local craft beers, Coal Harbour Liquor Store is a go-to destination for great local products, expert help, and delivery to home or office.
For more information and ticket purchase, visit www.coalharbourliquorstore.com. Tickets may also be purchased in store.