It’s time to grab some fresh veggies at your local Farmer’s Market!
It’s July! We’re finally at the height of the growing season.
We’re seeing lots of great veggies coming out of our rooftop gardens, and the Farmer’s Markets are overflowing with beautiful, fresh produce.
Here’s what’s in season this month:
Many of the Lower Mainland Farmer’s Markets opened last weekend, although our own West End Farmer’s Market won’t start until the end of the month.
Here’s a list of all the Farmer’s Markets and what days they run:
- Yaletown [Thurs] May 5 – Oct 27 2-6pm
- East Van [Sat] May 7 – Oct 22 9-2pm
- Kitsilano [Sun] May 8 – Oct 23 10am-2pm
- West End [Sat] May 28 – Oct 22 9-2pm
- Main St Station [Wed] Jun 1 – Oct 5 2-6pm
- Mt Pleasant [Sun] Jun 12 – Oct 9 10-2pm
We all know that cooking seasonally is good for us. We get to eat the freshest ingredients at their peak of nutrition! It’s also good for the environment, as it creates less waste, and it supports our local economy and farmers.
Check out your local Farmer’s Market this month, and look for some of these delicious ingredients that are in season during the month of May:
Spring is here, and with it, comes the opening of the outdoor, weekend farmers markets!
Get out there and meet some of the growers and artisans.
Here are all the Farmer’s Market opening dates:
- Trout Lake: [Sat] 9 to 2 from May 9
- Mt. Pleasant: [Sun] 10 to 2 from June 14
- Main St. Station: [Wed] 2 to 6 from June 3
- Yaletown: [Thurs], 2 to 6 from May 7
- Kerrisdale: [Sat] 10 to 2 from June 13
- West End [Sat] 9 to 2 from May 30
- Kitsilano*: [Sun] 10 to 2 from May 10
*Temporarily located at 30th & Ontario St from May 10 to June 7 during repaving at Kits Community Centre.
For locations and details, visit eatlocal.org.