The good news is, we don’t have to do any watering these days, as Mother Nature seems to be taking care of it for us!
Between now and October 15, here are the watering restrictions:
- Even-numbered addresses Monday, Wednesday, Saturday mornings 4 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Odd-numbered addresses Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday mornings 4 a.m. to 9 a.m.
For more information, visit The Metro Vancouver Website.
Given how hot our spring has been, it’s probably no surprise that the City of Vancouver is introducing watering restrictions early this year.
Starting May 15, we are in Stage 1. This means:
Rainbarrels are provided for the rooftop gardens, and there are watering cans in the garden sheds to use. The rainbarrels can be refilled by hose if we don’t get rain.
For more information, visit: The City of Vancouver.
As of September 23, Watering Restrictions in the City of Vancouver have been eased back.
Currently, and until October 15, we are in Stage 1 Watering Restrictions. This means:
- Allowed: surface and power washing
- Restricted: washing cars (with a spring-loaded nozzle only)
- Allowed: hand-watering of gardens, trees and shrubs
- Restricted: residential lawn sprinkling.
- For Hastings: Tues. / Thurs. / Sun, 4am to 9am ONLY
- For Cardero: Mon. / Weds. / Sat: 4am to 9am ONLY
For more information, visit the City of Vancouver website.